Thursday, December 03, 2009

Procrastination to Destination

Procrastination, putting off....call it what you want, I am the princess of it. I joke about it, but right now it's not hitting me in a ha ha funny way. I can try and say that it is because I work better "under pressure", but in reality it is just stalling.

I looked up the definition of procrastination at www.webster.com to put off intentionally and habitually; to put off intentionally the doing of something that should be done.

Both of these fit, however, I am noticing 2 things....intentionally (doing it on purpose) and habitually (a habit can be broken!).

I do know this: I can easily go help someone else with the very thing that I avoid in my own life. I also know that procrastination has cost me over the years in both $$ and wasted time. Some days are better than others. On the bad days, I'm letting procrastination keep me from where I need to be.

John 6:20-21 (NLT) 20 but he called out to them, “Don’t be afraid. I am here!” 21 Then they were eager to let him in the boat, and immediately they arrived at their destination!

I find it interesting that this takes place while Jesus is walking on water. The disciples invited him into the boat and then they got to where they were going....their destination.

The way to get to any destination is to start with one step and keep going. Inviting God into our mess that He already knows about anyway....is one step.

No comments: