Monday, September 24, 2012

Do you want fries with that?

Our family currently goes out to fast food restaurants WAY too often. It is not uncommon in our world of up-sizing that we are asked, "Do you want fries with that?"

The past few weeks at church we have been hearing about sharing our faith. Sometimes this is a scary thought....especially if you are not sure how it will be received by the other person. We discussed just asking someone if they're "saved" or if they know where he/she would go if somehow this evening they didn't make it up the next day (or died, but it seems we never like to discuss that). I really don't feel comfortable just asking or discussing with someone when it isn't even the topic of discussion.

I would like to think that if somebody asked me, I could tell them where my hope lies. I would like to think that I am living my life so that someone might be curious enough to ask where my peace comes from when my circumstances are all but peaceful.

I would like my ability to ask someone about their faith as easy as it is to ask, "Do you want fries with that?" at a drive through window. I would like to be able to see a need in someone's life and be willing to ask them, "Do you want Jesus with that?" Maybe not literally ask them in those words, but take the pressure off to free me up to be willing to share how saying "yes!" to that question has helped me sort out things in my own life.

God doesn't want us going through this on our own. He brings people across our path (or to our drive-up window if you'd like to continue the analogy) that are somewhere along the path of their own faith journey. You might not get to be the person that gets to deliver the order and see it all the way through to someone accepting Jesus as their Savior. However, would you be willing to ask the question though and see where it leads?

John 18:4-5 (NIV)  4 Jesus, knowing all that was going to happen to him, went out and asked them, “Who is it you want?” 5 “Jesus of Nazareth,” they replied.“I am he,” Jesus said. 

Acts 13:38-39 (NIV) 38 “Therefore, my friends, I want you to know that through Jesus the forgiveness of sins is proclaimed to you. 39 Through him everyone who believes is set free from every sin, a justification you were not able to obtain under the law of Moses.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can I clone your article to my blog? Thank you.
Welcome to my website [url=http://www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com/]www.about-dogs.zoomshare.com[/url].

Karen said...

I would be honored. Thanks. If you don't mind, would you include a link back to my blog?

Do you mind if I ask how you found my blog? I don't have a lot of readers that I know of. Mostly family and friends (which I GREATLY appreciate).

Thanks! Be blessed.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing, it truly is a really informative publish and very helpful for some kind of businesses like mine. I like when I'm looking the world wide web and i come across a site with valuable points like this. Thanks lots for the research, We've noted a number of them here so I can use them in a future. Kudos for you and keep up the good blogging perform.

Anonymous said...

My sis instructed me about your web site and the way great it is. She's right, I am actually impressed with the writing and slick design. It appears to me you're simply scratching the floor in terms of what you may accomplish, however you're off to an ideal begin!

Anonymous said...

Surely a perfect piece of writing! We've book marked it and sent it out to all of my friends since I know they'll be intrigued, thank you very much!