Monday, November 29, 2010

Give Thanks...His love endures forever

“Give thanks to the LORD, for he is good. His love endures forever. Give thanks to the God of heaven. His love endures forever.” - Psalm 136:1,26

I have put off writing.  I don't really even know why.  Well, I guess I kind of do.  When I write, I need to come down from my little mountaintop of believing everything is good and I'm handling life just fine.  If I help everybody else, I can ignore my own "issues" or whatever the new buzzword is.

Then I looked at my blog because I wanted to put something on it (coupon database from Consumer Queen - scroll WAAAAYYY down).  I realized how long it has been since I wrote on here.  Sometimes the "Verse of the Day" gives me a good starting point.  It WAS something about telling people what God has done for you.  Good thought and I don't do near enough....or I don't give credit where credit is due.  By the time I finished what I wanted to do, the verse changed to the one above.  Also timely, especially with Thanksgiving this past week.

Sometimes I give "thanks" too much.  I have a habit of saying thanks for everything even before I fully complete what I'm doing or another person is doing for me.  So I GIVE thanks, but am I really thankful?    Have I taken time to be thankful FOR His love that endures forever?  The verse was a good reminder to me that God's love will help me no matter what....even on my way down from the mountaintop.  Mainly because I don't have to do it myself.  God is at the top, He's at the bottom...and He's in the struggles and battles in the middle.

Because these verses mentioned 1 and 26, I went and read the whole Psalm.  It really is beautiful.  It tells the story of creation, the struggles that He helped the Israelites through, and at the end talks about us.  Each line ends with "His love endures forever".  If you would like to look it up: 

The Message version refers to that line as "His love never quits".  Both are good....and true.  His love doesn't give up....even when I feel like it.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome post. Really enjoyed reading your blog posts.

Anonymous said...

Gracias por la gran información! Yo no habría descubierto esto de otra manera!

Anonymous said...

Il ya évidemment beaucoup de choses à savoir à ce sujet. Je pense que vous avez fait quelques bons points dans les reportages également. Continuez à travailler, excellent travail!

Anonymous said...

Vielen Dank, gute Arbeit! Dies war das Zeug, das ich hatte zu haben.

Anonymous said...

Good information, Best post usefull ,Thanks for share this.I will come back to read more.

Karen said...

Vielen Dank, gute Arbeit! Dies war das Zeug, das ich hatte zu haben = German: Thank you, good job! This was the stuff I had to have

Karen said...

Il ya évidemment beaucoup de choses à savoir à ce sujet. Je pense que vous avez fait quelques bons points dans les reportages également. Continuez à travailler, excellent travail!=French:

It is of course much to know about it. I think that you have made some good points in the stories also. Keep working, great job!

Karen said...

Gracias por la gran información! Yo no habría descubierto esto de otra manera! (Spanish)
Thank you for the great information! I never would have discovered this otherwise! (English)