Friday, October 29, 2010

Finding Your Strong Tower

Today, I was physically reminded of the protection provided by buildings. It has been extremely windy in our area the past few days. The last couple were windy, but warm. When I headed out the door today, I didn't grab my coat...figuring the day would be similar to the last couple. WRONG! Today was windy, cold AND blowing rain.

I got out of my car and ran toward the door. There is a small stream area to run over on a bridge. NO protection from the blowing wind. I could feel the wind blowing roughly on my face and right through my sweat shirt. As I neared the door, the building juts out and offers some protection. Instantly warmer and dryer thanks to the roof overhead.

I thought about the verse regarding a strong tower. I was grateful for the protection provided by the walls of the building. I looked up some info on towers and was further reminded of the protection and advantages they serve.

Towers are tall which provides a good overview of an area. Towers offer protection from weather and enemies. Towers are strong and a good place of shelter during battles.

There are times in life when we feel unprotected and beat up by the battles that surround us. It is good to know that there is a tower waiting to provide protection, safety and a place of calm in the storm. The tower also offers the opportunity to look at the big picture and not just the little piece right in front of us.

Proverbs 18:10 (NIV) The name of the LORD is a strong tower; the righteous run to it and are safe.

Praying that you find a strong tower in the name of the Lord. Do not be afraid to run there often....and be safe. We'll still have battles, but we will not fight alone.

No comments: