Thursday, April 24, 2008

I'm glad I'm a mom because.....

OK, this is off topic from what I've been blogging about, but I thought I'd share this anyway.

I recently got an e-mail from Hearts at Home (http://www.hearts-at-home.org/ - a great mom resource!) They're having a contest in honor of Mother's Day. The topic is: I'm glad I'm a mom because.... and you're supposed to answer in 50 words or less. Note: 50 words is not all that much. I had to work it down until I got it to 47. It was REALLY easy to go over so this is the 3rd or 4th try.

I’m glad I’m a mom because God handpicked my kids for me. Sometimes I think He gave me more than I can handle. Sometimes I rise to the challenge and grow in the process. Sometimes I get frustrated. Then I remember they’re only mine for some time.

Wow (Mom upside down...think about it...you're picturing it in your head aren't you?) :)
A new perspective. Now, to remember when the ortho appliance is having ANOTHER problem, during homework time, getting them off the computer/guitar hero, etc., "He/She called me a name!" (whiny voice) .....and the list goes on.

I would expand this to anyone who has an influence in a child's life. Do you know how important you are? Give yourself a pat on the back and move ahead two spaces in the game of life, take the little car...oh wait with gas prices you better walk...and enjoy the view.

Now, go call your mother or somebody else who has helped make you who you are today...

No comments: