Thursday, January 08, 2009

Reflections......Movin' On.......

2 Corinthians 3:17-18 (NIV)
17
Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom. 18 And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit.

Wow, it's already January 8! Happy New Year! A fresh start!

I have much to do today, but I decided to stop for a few minutes and think. There are times/days I get so "busy" that I don't give myself time to sit (hopefully, quietly) and think. I just seem to flit from thing to thing usually not finishing anything. This is really frustrating for me. I KNOW what to do and even HOW to do it, but I don't DO it. A lot of this is procrastination and just not wanting to deal with everyday stuff.

I know from past experience that once I've done the stuff I need to do, I can't believe I waited so long to deal with it. I spent more time worrying about the outcome than spending the time it would take to do the project and not have to worry. Reflect in the dictionary is: to think quietly and calmly. Ha! part of the problem. When I think of the past, I don't think about it quietly or calmly. It comes roaring in with fingers pointing and shouting, "You COULD/SHOULD/WOULD have done better, if only _______"

Now, the following COULD sound like an excuse:

Ecclesiastes 5:20 (NIV) He seldom reflects on the days of his life, because God keeps him occupied with gladness of heart.

However, I am going to think of it as if I focus on what God has done and is doing in my life, I don't need to reflect for too long on what has already happened. I can enjoy today. So can you!

The new year is not the only time for fresh starts. Each day we are given the opportunity to get something done, right a wrong or just BE and that's enough.

So, my free advice for the day, "Just DO it (whatever "it" is)!"

One more thought: I finally watched Gone With the Wind quite awhile ago. At the time, I thought after ALL that happened in the movie that the end line of the movie was rather lame. "After all, tomorrow is another day."

However, I'm beginning to realize that is rather good advice. Scarlett (and we) could focus on all the mistakes we've made or the time we've wasted OR we can move on. I suggest we learn from the past and move on....before WE are Gone with the Wind (OK, That's a stretch!, smile).

To quote Timone from Lion King: Put your past behind you.

Just in case, you want to see for yourself: ending of Gone with the Wind (gotta love YouTube)


No comments: