Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Too sweet.....little children :)

(NIV) Matthew 11:25-26 Rest for the Weary 25 At that time Jesus said, "I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children. 26 Yes, Father, for this was your good pleasure.
This week, the kids and I are helping with vacation bible school. Tuesday during snack time, one of the little girls came up to me and set down a cup of water. I asked her who it was for and she smiled and said, "it's for you!" Then she gave me a hug and ran off to play Duck, Duck, Goose. She's only known me 2 days. What a nice little pick me up and reward for me.

Young children are so much more free with their emotions! When they're mad, you know! When they're sad, they cry. When they're happy, they laugh. I think we can learn a lot by hanging around younger kids. I do believe God has gifted them with a special knowledge well beyond their years.

If you are blessed to have younger kids in your life right now, take time to enjoy their outlook on life. It is often said (and I didn't really believe it), but they do grow up faster than you realize. If you have older kids....they still need somebody to talk to and bounce ideas off of. They're learning to make their own way in the world. Help them learn about God as a friend. Even though I went to church (twice on Sundays) growing up, I didn't realize the friendship/relationship that God desires with all of us until much later.

No comments: