Thursday, April 22, 2010

Worrier......to Warrior

Luke 21:13-15 (NIV) 13 This will result in your being witnesses to them. 14 But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15 For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict.

The Bible mentions many times that we are not to worry. I hate to admit it, but I still do. Maybe not as much as I used to, but still more than I'd like. It is a constant struggle as negative thoughts try to crowd in. I have wasted LOTS of time and energy on worries that usually have not happened. The media is set up to help us worry so I have tried to limit my exposure. I'm aware of where the world is eventually heading.

I had a thought recently. It is time to fight back against the worries. Become a warrior using prayer as our weapon. There have been times I have felt like giving up. I always remind other people to keep fighting the good fight. Time to take my own advice!

1 Timothy 6:11-12 (NIV) 11
But you, man of God, flee from all this, and pursue righteousness, godliness, faith, love, endurance and gentleness. 12 Fight the good fight of the faith. Take hold of the eternal life to which you were called when you made your good confession in the presence of many witnesses.

No comments: