Friday, September 26, 2014

Go To Hugs AKA the POWER of a HUG

Not sure why this is so heavy on my heart today, but I keep thinking about it so maybe it's for someone.....

When I was at my stressful job, I had a hard time keeping life in perspective. Some days were worse than others. I'm not even sure how the hugs came up or started. I do know they helped tremendously. Knowing I had a person to get a hug when needed even in passing, helped. I was proud of myself that I asked. Sometimes I didn't even have to. It must have been the look on my face.

The hugger I refer to no longer graces our planet. She has moved on to a better place. I pray that she knew the difference she made in my life. "Just" from being a go-to person for a hug when needed.

Do you have a person like that for you? Can you find one? Can you be that for someone else?

We don't get through this life on our own. It is very lonely if we try. Reach out. ESPECIALLY when you least feel like it. It helps. It really does.

Ephesians 3:14-21 (NIV)

A Prayer for the Ephesians

 For this reason I kneel before the Father, from whom every family in heaven and on earth derives its name. I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.
Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, for ever and ever! Amen.

No comments: