Friday, October 17, 2008

God is there....and He cares about even the little details!

“The LORD confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them. My eyes are ever on the LORD, for only he will release my feet from the snare.”- Psalm 25:14-15 (NIV)

Wow, did I need that today (it was the Biblegateway.com verse of the day). I SO love God's timing. It is so much better than mine.

One of my struggles with keeping busy is because I feel like if I get quiet, God starts to deal with my mind and heart....which is truly a good thing, but it's still kind of scary. The first part of this verse deals with that. He WANTS to confide in us during those times. So instead of pushing away, we should pull closer. It's during those times of quiet that we're able to seek and find God.

Lately, I've felt myself slipping back toward not feeling like myself. I hate the feeling of falling back into that hole where it's hard to see the light. However, during those times I realize I have not been keeping my eyes on God so he can release "my feet from the snare".

When I do something I consider dumb, I replay it in my head over and over....what a waste of precious time. God forgives me, why am I so hard on myself? I suppose if I keep my eyes on God, I wouldn't have to replay it. My lesson learned for today.

Give yourself a break. God's up all night anyway and he is MORE THAN capable of handling our worries and concerns...and there will be more things tomorrow to worry about anyway.

Matthew 6:27 (NIV) Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?

Matthew 6:34 (NIV) Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.

So in shampoo terms: Let Go, Let God, repeat

OR in math terms: God > me

No comments: