Thursday, November 05, 2009

The Journey.....and a recommendation

Matthew 7:7-8 (NIV) 7"Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you. 8For everyone who asks receives; he who seeks finds; and to him who knocks, the door will be opened.

Back in 1998 (I know because I got it as a gift for me), I bought a Bible called The Journey Bible. It said it was for spiritual seekers. I did not know it at the time, but I was and remain a seeker. I do not believe it matters if you have read through the whole Bible, bits and pieces, or not at all, God designed us to seek after Him and His Word.

I have had a few Bibles before and after, but The Journey is my favorite. I am amazed that I can open it and find answers to questions I had not even gotten around to asking yet. There is an introduction prior to each book with a time line that relates it to history. My copy is paperback and getting a little worn and lots of notes in the sidebars. I'll still keep it even when it falls apart.

I don't read the Bible as often as I'd like. I very often have found time to read novels, magazine articles, etc. I'm trying to do better with the Bible.

I never thought about it until tonight that I could pass along the info and that copies are available (relatively cheaply) through Amazon, etc. http://www.amazon.com/Journey-Spiritual-Seekers-International-Version/dp/031092023X is the address if you'd like to check it out. I do not know if it is available in bookstores anymore. www.half.com would be a good place to look too if you decide it's worth a closer look!

No comments: