Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pray....don't worry

Philippians 4:6-7 6 Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience God’s peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus. (NLT)

I have been thinking about how much time I spend worrying....usually about things that don't/won't happen OR not the way I imagine anyway. SO why am I wasting my time? I usually try everything I can think of....and when that doesn't work, I pray. The verses above remind me to not worry about anything, but pray about everything.

Switching it around a little.... Pray about everything and don't worry about anything.

Now to put it into practice. The next time the worry monster shows up, I'm scaring it away by praying. How many days does it take to start a new habit? Worrying is a bad habit that can be broken.

I will pray instead of worry today. Say it with me.....

No comments: