Thursday, December 24, 2009

Letter to Senators - Do not be silent

I usually try to avoid politics at all cost. However, I am very concerned with the issue of health care reform and the way that it is being handled....or mis-handled. Politics are coming into play as the Senate vote is to be held later this AM.....Christmas Eve.....when they all want to go home to their families....or already have (which if one did? Their state better come down hard on him/her)....and usually would have been on "recess" a few weeks ago. Their hearts MAY be in the right place, but they are trying to do TOO much in one bill. And why do they need closed sessions?

I attempted to look up info of the vote, etc. and what the ending wording is. HOW CONFUSING! I was looking at info here: http://www.senate.gov/pagelayout/legislative/b_three_sections_with_teasers/active_leg_page.htm I also went to MI's senator sites briefly to write them the following:

I believe that forcing a vote on health care before the holidays so you can all go home is not acting in our best interest.

I have attempted to look at the bill (and all the amendments, etc) and it is impossible to follow. How do you even know what you're voting on?

Will the congress and federal employees be expected to participate in any plan included in this bill?

I hope you take the concerns of voters in general, especially those in your state, before voting on this bill. I would also expect that no finalized bill includes taxpayer funding for abortion in any way, including a public fund.

Thank you for your efforts in representing our state.

I also looked a little bit at Ms. Stabenow's site. http://stabenow.senate.gov/ I found the wording interesting, especially the tag line: The Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act Saves Lives, Saves Money, Saves Medicare Isn't Medicare government run?

My main point is whatever your feeling/take on the issue? Make your voice heard so congress knows we're out here and watching.

1 Timothy 2:1-3 (Message) Simple Faith and Plain Truth

1-3The first thing I want you to do is pray. Pray every way you know how, for everyone you know. Pray especially for rulers and their governments to rule well so we can be quietly about our business of living simply, in humble contemplation. This is the way our Savior God wants us to live.

No comments: