Friday, September 24, 2010

Can!....Can't?.....Will!...Won't?...Do!...Don't?

Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right.
Henry Ford

I have watched an eagle glide gracefully across the sky in a lazy looking circle. I noticed that eagles do not do a lot of flapping. They seem to instinctively know that they can ride the wind and not waste a lot of energy.

Lately, I have not been very eagle-like. I feel like I'm flapping for all it's worth. I start the day out pretty positive that I can accomplish much. Then I watch the hours slip away and become easily overwhelmed as I realize how much "stuff" I have piled into one day. AND I can't get it all done so why start? "It" will still be there tomorrow waiting to get done. Unless I stop my flapping long enough and change my thinking, the can'ts will win tomorrow too. As soon as we put not on the end, the gliding ends and the flapping begins.

When I get in moods like that, I need to be careful not to push my can't, won't or don't on other people. Most have enough of their own flapping going on.

I was reminded in a song:

13 For I can do everything through Christ, who gives me strength. Philippians 4:13 (NLT)

May we all be blessed with strength today and remind ourselves that we are not flying alone....flapping or gliding.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Ottima idea, condivido.
Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. L'idea di un buon supporto.

Karen said...

Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. Ottima idea, condivido. Condivido pienamente il suo punto di vista. L'idea di un buon supporto (Italian)
I fully share his point of view. Good idea, I agree. I fully share his point of view. L ' idea of a good support (English)