Monday, February 20, 2012

Where's my paddle?!?!?

You have probably heard the saying about the paddle. I will try and keep it family friendly with my version: Up crap creek without a paddle.

There are days where not only do I not have a paddle....I'm not even sure I have a boat!!!! Or I'm not up the creek....but right in the middle with all that "stuff" swirling around me. Those days are not fun.

On a good day, I realize (and sometimes it takes me awhile to remember) that my paddle is not lost. I either have it and I am not using it. OR it has been taken away or given up.

My family members are much more visual thinkers than I am. However, I am realizing ever so slowly that sometimes thinking in pictures helps. On the days I figure out that my paddle is not with me, I am going to picture the devil gleefully standing off on the shore watching me struggle as he holds the paddle just out of my grasp.

Unfortunately, I have come to realize that there are days when it is not much of a stretch to say that I have given up my paddle without much of a fight. I stop doing what I know works. I get too busy in the morning and rush out the door without prayers, worship music or some Bible reading. I make excuses of why I'm not getting things done.

The secret to remember is that even if my paddle has been taken or swept away? I'm not in the boat, or any situation, alone. Neither are you. So grab that paddle back....and beat it over the devil's head.

Mark 6:50-51 (NIV) Immediately he spoke to them and said, “Take courage! It is I. Don’t be afraid.” 51 Then he climbed into the boat with them, and the wind died down. They were completely amazed, 

Psalm 41:2 The LORD protects and preserves them—they are counted among the blessed in the land--he does not give them over to the desire of their foes.

No comments: