Friday, February 01, 2008

Be Strong and Courageous .... STAND!

Joshua 1:9 (NIV) “Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go."

John 16:33 (NIV) "I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world."

Yesterday (Wednesday), was rather a blah day again...and not just because of the weather. It is amazing how fast my emotions can take control and drag me under. I was even reminded on Tuesday that the light God gives us isn't just around us....it is IN us! I was sure doing my best to be in the dark. Hubby brought up maybe we're suffering from T.M.S. (Too Much "Stuff"). Luckily, hubby and I are not down on the same days! God is good.

So I'm finding some verses to remind me to look for the light and STAND even when I feel like laying down and giving up. I had heard this song before, but it sure fit the mood. The song is "Stand In the Rain" by SuperChick.



2 Chronicles 20:17 (NIV) You will not have to fight this battle. Take up your positions; stand firm and see the deliverance the LORD will give you, O Judah and Jerusalem. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. Go out to face them tomorrow, and the LORD will be with you.' "

1 Corinthians 15 : 57-58 (NIV) 57 But thanks be to God! He gives us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. 58 Therefore, my dear brothers, stand firm. Let nothing move you. Always give yourselves fully to the work of the Lord, because you know that your labor in the Lord is not in vain.

Ephesians 6:12-13 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand.

Psalm 40:1-3 (NIV)
1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
3 He put a new song in my mouth, a hymn of praise to our God. Many will see and fear and put their trust in the LORD.


Keep the faith. God knows and cares even on the darkest days, even when we don't look to him first, and even when we want to stand on our own strength instead of borrowing His. Be strong and courageous! STAND!

No comments: