Monday, February 18, 2008

More Than Wishy Washy Separation Anxiety

Romans 8: 35 Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?
37 No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us. 38 For I am convinced that neither death nor life, neither angels nor demons, neither the present nor the future, nor any powers, 39 neither height nor depth, nor anything else in all creation, will be able to separate us from the love of God that is in Christ Jesus our Lord. (NIV)

Part of the above was the verse of the day on BibleGateway. It started with just 38 and 39. I read back a few verses. The title for verses 28-39 was More Than Conquerors.

So, the first part I read was "For I am convinced"....I started thinking, when was the last time I've been convinced of something? By nature, I am pretty indecisive. If it comes to making a choice, I usually let others around me make it. I kind of "go with the flow". I can usually see both sides of an issue.

Am I convinced about what theses verses state? I looked up convince on www.webster.com and found: to bring (as by argument) to belief, consent, or a course of action. Maybe my course of action needs to be allowing myself to be convinced that there is NOTHING (no thing) that can get God away from me.

There are times I have let some of those things mentioned get in the way of feeling God's love. I need to remember though...during those times I've started having some separation anxiety? I'm the one who has moved away. God has stayed there waiting for me to be convinced again. Good thing He's patient! I've been learning....and relearning....this lesson for awhile now!

I am "more than" what I have allowed myself to become. So are you! We can be convinced that God is there for us. The wishy washy indecision can be taken away when we become convinced that Jesus is the bridge that covers the separation from God to us.

No comments: