Thursday, February 28, 2008

Time and Cinderella - the clock will strike midnight before you know it!

Ecclesiastes 3:1-8 (NIV)
A Time for Everything

1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:
2 a time to be born and a time to die,
a time to plant and a time to uproot,
3 a time to kill and a time to heal,

a time to tear down and a time to build,
4 a time to weep and a time to laugh,

a time to mourn and a time to dance,
5 a time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,

a time to embrace and a time to refrain,
6 a time to search and a time to give up,

a time to keep and a time to throw away,
7 a time to tear and a time to mend,

a time to be silent and a time to speak,
8 a time to love and a time to hate,

a time for war and a time for peace.

Time is an important commodity that is often underrated and overspent. Looking back, I have wasted time that I'm sorry I spent the way I did. If I had known how fast time would go now, I would (at least I'd like to THINK I would) have used my time more wisely.

The verses above show that God knows we will need different things during different seasons of our lives. If our activity under heaven right now is parenting or being in the life of a child, take the time to enjoy it. It really will be gone before we know it.

I had heard and cried along with the song, Cinderella, on the radio. I did some searching and found out it is by Steven Curtis Chapman. I'm sure this will become a hit for the father/daughter dance at weddings! I looked for a video of it. The one I found isn't the highest quality, but pay attention to the shadows dancing. It illustrates how fast our kids grow. Get the tissues!

PS Mom and Dad, I love you! :) Thanks for ALL you do for all of us.

No comments: