Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Why Not Me?

Philippians 4 : 12 (MSG) I've learned by now to be quite content whatever my circumstances. I'm just as happy with little as with much, with much as with little. I've found the recipe for being happy whether full or hungry, hands full or hands empty. Whatever I have, wherever I am, I can make it through anything in the One who makes me who I am.

Did you ever notice that we are quick to ask "Why me?" when things are not going well or we feel overwhelmed? Our family has had a lot of junk going on lately....I will refer to them as joy-stealers, and tomorrow I go in for surgery on my neck. Fear is fighting hard to take over....but.... as the above verse states I will be content (happy) in my circumstances....not for them, but IN them I will choose joy because I am not walking alone.

When things are going wonderfully without the bumps of joy stealers, I rarely ask why me.

So whether perceived good or bad, I will begin to ask myself "why not me?" Sometimes we are asked to walk through things we would not choose, but God trusts us enough and/or has a bigger picture in mind of what He wants accomplished. May people see how we handle our circumstances and see God through us.

As someone mentioned to me recently, sometimes we need to be laying down to look up. Very profound!

Matthew 5: 14, 16 (NIV) “You are the light of the world. A city on a hill cannot be hidden. In the same way, let your light shine before men, that they may see your good deeds and praise your Father in heaven.”

I saw this a few days ago and it made quite an impact on me. Thought I'd share. If you have a few minutes, definitely worth a watch.
http://www.godtube.com/view_video.php?viewkey=8616c1559ab4221b3910

No comments: