Thursday, November 20, 2008

Giving Thanks!

Psalm 95:1-2 (NIV)
1 Come, let us sing for joy to the LORD; let us shout aloud to the Rock of our salvation.
2 Let us come before him with thanksgiving and extol him with music and song.


How timely! Not only because of Thanksgiving, which is a mere week away. I'm thankful, my mom is home! After a month in the hospital and a rehabilitation facility, she is home after her heart attack. I am thankful for the drs, nurses and the care she received. I am thankful for brothers and a sister that helped us get through this time of life. I appreciate the foundation of faith my parents gave me (even though I grumbled about going to church 2 x on Sunday GASP!....and occasionally missing the beginning of the Wonderful World of Disney...oh, I am so showing my age!) I am grateful that our mom is here for another Thanksgiving.

I just told a friend tonight we are all living on borrowed time. It is just that some of us get reminders that our time on this round sphere called Earth will end at some point in time.

Further on in Psalm 95, we are reminded that we are God's people, under his care. We are also reminded not to harden our hearts. We are living in difficult times. I struggle to remember to move closer TO God during those times. He has not moved, He waits for us to make a decision to let Him handle the good, the bad and the ugly in our lives.

Sometimes we don't get our way or the answer we want when we want it. That doesn't mean that God does not listen or is uncaring. Thank goodness we don't get everything we pray for! We don't always see the whole picture.

Psalm 95:6-8 (NIV)
6 Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
7 for he is our God and we are the people of his pasture, the flock under his care. Today, if you hear his voice, 8 do not harden your hearts......


Praying that you will find God during this season of life and Thanksgiving and moving into Christmas. We do not walk alone.....even when it feels like it.

No comments: