Wednesday, November 05, 2008

Good reminder.....

Psalm 55:22 (NLT) Give your burdens to the Lord, and he will take care of you. He will not permit the godly to slip and fall.

I am always amazed and I don't know why anymore because it has happened frequently. When God wants you to know something, he finds a way and a time to let you know. For me? Sometimes still working on the listening part. Many times recently I have run across a verse that BAM fits the moment. The above is a great one for right now.

We have had a laundry list of "stuff" happen recently. I'll spare you the details as I'm sure you could let me know yours too. Suffice it to say, I got the thought today that if I wrote fiction, I'd try a modern day story of Job - female style.....still might.....someday!

This is why this verse came at just the right time. If there's a + and - column of burdens/stuff, we're covered. As long as we keep God on the + side, the sting of the - column feels easier. He will take care of us and our stuff going on in life. We need to keep relying on him and less on ourselves.

MORE (good) God (if you leave out the other "o") reminders:

2 Corinthians 4:8-9 (NIV) 8 We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair; 9 persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed.

Sometimes God even uses license plates. The one I was behind the other day? I RISE

Keep lookin' up and around and EXPECT God to meet you where you're at.

No comments: