Monday, March 16, 2009

A New Closet

Opened my blog to post the review of The Shack, and was struck by the verse from www.biblegateway.com So, an added bonus today (seems feast or famine when I write!)

The verse:
“Therefore, as God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.”- Colossians 3:12 (NIV)

As Spring approaches...and in reality, I need to do it anyway, I've been cleaning out our closets. The kids have grown so some of their items are being handed down or handed over to Goodwill or Love Inc. I'm trying to follow the rule if you haven't worn it in x months, get rid of it. I finally had to admit that even if some styles come back in fashion...I didn't really like them that much the first time! ;)

This verse since it mentions "clothe" yourselves caught my eye. Then I read what I can clothe myself with. Wow! Compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience. How much different my day would be if I pull my clothes from THAT closet.

Right before that verse was listed all the things I could be rid of.

You used to walk in these ways, in the life you once lived. 8But now you must rid yourselves of all such things as these: anger, rage, malice, slander, and filthy language from your lips. 9Do not lie to each other, since you have taken off your old self with its practices 10and have put on the new self, which is being renewed in knowledge in the image of its Creator. Colossians 3:7-10 (NIV)

Those are not even worth recycling or handing down. Time for a NEW SELF and a better closet. Look out best dressed list! We've got a new wardrobe.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The way that God has gifted you with word imagery, blows my mind away! I could sit and read your readings listen to your insights/wisdom for hours! I wish I could see the world through your eyes for even just a minute, as I know He must let you see through His, otherwise you would never see the way you do. Thank you from the bottom of my heart for sharing your thoughts (however random and insignificant they may feel)! God uses them to speak mountains! Thank you for letting Him use you. You help others see Him.
Luv ya sister!
RT from SV

Karen said...

Thanks RT! That means a lot...and sometimes I wonder if anybody actually reads these so it's nice to know somebody does.
Back at ya sis.
K.