Monday, March 02, 2009

Time.....

Funny (not ha ha funny) that this was just laid on my heart again. I was thinking of the verses in Ecclesiastes about time...a time to weep....a time to laugh, etc. I had the feeling I had written about this before because it seems to be an ongoing theme in my life. I looked back in the "labels" under time....and I had used these verses Feb. 28, 2008. Hmmmm....almost a year to the day.

I have things I need to get done. I work better with deadlines and the dreaded schedule. My household, kids, marriage, etc. do too. However, I like to think I can wing it. I get out of the habit of writing a to-do list, keeping up my calendar, making necessary appointments, etc. AND I am still surprised when my life then starts to spin out of control.

So, I glance back over the verses.

Ecclesiastes 3 (NIV) A Time for Everything 1 There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under heaven:

The chapter goes on for 14 more phrases of a time to....and a time for. The verse above is the only one that mentions a season. As we seem temporarily stuck in winter and a faltering economy, I need to remind myself that seasons change. There will be a new time for everything and a new season. I read on:

9 What does the worker gain from his toil? 10 I have seen the burden God has laid on men. 11 He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end.

I look forward to everything being made beautiful again. I am reminded that eternity is more important than the time to ....... (fill in the blank)

I will enjoy memories from yesterday, I will live for today, I will look forward to the promise tomorrow holds. With God's help and His agenda, I will manage time so it does not manage me.

No comments: