Friday, December 31, 2010

What if to What is

Happy New Year (well almost)  I don't really do resolutions so much.  I just get frustrated when I don't live up to them.  I have heard numerous times though that things are more likely to be followed through if they are in writing.  So, I'll consider this my in writing. 

This is not a goal necessarily.  More a way of reminding myself to change where I place my focus.  So often I get caught up in "what if" this or that happens.  You know what?  Most of the what ifs I worry about?  Don't happen.  Think of the time I can gain (?!?!?) by only dealing with what is and what I would like to see happen.  If I add to that speaking out loud positive words instead of whining about the negative, I will also be better off.

Life seems to continue to go faster and faster.  Wasting time on what if isn't going to slow it down any.  Live in the moment.  Enjoy time with family and friends.  Be grateful for what is.

James 4:13-15 (NIV) Boasting About Tomorrow 13 Now listen, you who say, “Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money.” 14 Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15 Instead, you ought to say, “If it is the Lord’s will, we will live and do this or that.” 

2 Corinthians 4:17-18 (NIV) 17 For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. 18 So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen, since what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal.

No comments: