Saturday, April 30, 2011

I Wish


I wish that we didn’t live in a world where physical beauty is placed above inner beauty.

I wish that we could learn to love ourselves for who we are…not for who we think we should be or who we think someone else wants us to be.

I wish that we would understand that we don’t need to put up with being put down.

I wish that the feeling of being inferior would go away.

I wish that the carefree days of childhood would stay….at least a little longer.

I wish that we could learn to be satisfied with knowing that doing our best is good enough.

I wish that we would learn that perfection is an unworthy goal.

I wish that we would know that normal is an ever moving target and that “normal” is overrated.

I wish that we would see ourselves not as the world sees us, but as we are seen through the eyes of our creator.

I wish someone would have told me all of this so much sooner.

I wish I would have listened when they did.


2 Thessalonians 1 11 With this in mind, we constantly pray for you, that our God may make you worthy of his calling, and that by his power he may bring to fruition your every desire for goodness and your every deed prompted by faith. 12 We pray this so that the name of our Lord Jesus may be glorified in you, and you in him, according to the grace of our God and the Lord Jesus Christ.

No comments: