Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Life's Better with......

a friend, family and support.


I like watching people.  Not in a creepy stalker kind of way.  ;)  Just how people interact with each other.  I especially love when I'm in a crowd and I see somebody walk around kind of aimlessly, but you can tell he or she is looking for someone.  Then the person looked for is spotted, a smile, a wave, maybe a hug....and life continues on.

Recently, I brought our daughter to school in the AM.  Usually, she kind of drags herself out of the car.  I rarely get a smile.  However, on this particular morning the car that pulled in ahead of us was one of her friends.  Her friend got out of the car and waited.  Daughter got out of car much more energetically, with a huge smile and quickly they walked together up the sidewalk into school.  Much better start to the day.

Monday, I met up with my sister and her boys at the mall.  I was spotted by one of my nephews pretty quickly.  I waved.  He ran toward me with his arms outstretched like you see people running across a field toward each other.  I smiled.  I had to stop part of the way in because as he picked up speed he probably would have knocked me over!  I got an awesome hug.  Then her youngest came up and gave me a hug...and his hand to continue walking toward where my sister was.  I even got a smaller hug from the oldest.  I felt loved and I smile even as I write this.  What a great way to start out the week!

We've had a lot going on lately.  Not necessarily bad stuff, but stuff that has kept us busy, distracted, and unable to work toward the things we'd like to have had done awhile ago.  Through medical tests, etc. I have discovered again the issues that stress can cause.  It seems so simple to just try and say I'll have less stress or let if affect me less.  ha.  I don't even know if that is possible anymore in the world that we live in.  Time seems to go by faster and faster.  We have "time-saving" devices that do not always assist us in wisely using the time we've "saved".

One of the doctors I went to asked if I had a good "support network".  And I do.  I have friends and family that are willing to talk with me and walk with me through the good, bad, sad, happy....you name it, they are there.  Reaching out and up are sometimes the last things I want to do.  Relying on God and my support network do not make me stress less.....but they are what makes life better. 

Praying that you have friends, family and a support network.  Praying that you realize sometimes you will be the support network for somebody else.  Praying that your life will be better so you can help somebody else have a better life.

Psalm 94 17-19 Unless the LORD had given me help, I would soon have dwelt in the silence of death.
When I said, “My foot is slipping,” your unfailing love, LORD, supported me.  When anxiety was great within me, your consolation brought me joy.

No comments: