Monday, October 31, 2011

Loose Ends


I like to read. I like TV mystery shows. I like movies. Part of the reason I like these things is that there is normally a beginning, middle and end. By the time the book is read, the show is over or the lights come on, I usually know how things turned out.  Good or bad, at least I know.

I was having a conversation with my husband about some people we knew from work. We have not seen them in a long time. It seems odd that for so long you spend most of the days and weeks with these people. Then circumstances and jobs change. We move on. We lose touch and don't keep in contact as much as we'd like.

I think of workers/volunteers at a pregnancy resource center. A girl comes in, possibly considering abortion. She gets all the information and leaves without making a decision. She may or may not be back. The workers have to realize that they may not know how it turns out. Yet they come back the next day and do it all over again.

Recently, I have had some situations where I didn't get to hear the end of the story. It's frustrating! It seems so....unfinished. (And I'm a procrastinator princess so I am familiar with unfinished!) It is overwhelming to think that this is just ONE situation or ONE person...there could be many others with similar issues.

However, we can't let the frustration of not knowing how something will turn out keep us from getting involved. If you see something that doesn't look right, don't be afraid to get involved.
 
“To the world you may be just one person, but to one person you may be the world."  
      Brandi Snyder/Heather Cortez (depending where you look!?!?!)

Sometimes we have to trust that God brought us across someone's life journey, we do what we can and trust the next person to complete the mission.

We may have many loose ends in this life. There will come a day though when all will be made clear. No more questions and we'll know how the story ends.

Revelation 1:1-3 (NIV) The revelation from Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place. He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John, who testifies to everything he saw—that is, the word of God and the testimony of Jesus Christ. Blessed is the one who reads aloud the words of this prophecy, and blessed are those who hear it and take to heart what is written in it, because the time is near.

No comments: