Thursday, May 30, 2013

Fighting the Good Fight?!?!?!?!

On days that are not going so well, almost everything seems like a struggle, an effort, even a fight. I heard a line in a song recently that really struck me: "Stop fighting a fight that's already been won". (Redeemed by Big Daddy Weave)

I know that we will win the war....but those little, sometimes daily battles? They can really wear a person down! I have to admit sometimes it is like fighting and re-fighting the same battle day after day (think the movie: Groundhog Day...wink). I can get clouded vision where I do not see how far we have come from where we started. Emotions can intensify a situation to seem like we won't win no matter what we do! If we let those emotions start to rule our actions? We can start to question not only if we are fighting the "good fight", but if the fight is even worth it.

Those are the days I need to remember I don't need to fight alone! You don't either.

 

 In God, whose word I praise— in God I trust and am not afraid. What can mere mortals do to me? Psalm 56:4 NIV

Joshua 1:9  Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”

No comments: