Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Mirror, Mirror.....You won't define me.....

I heard this on the radio this evening. It is the song, Mirror by Barlow Girl. The whole theme is what I've been thinking that we as women buy into the world's view of what women "should" be. The line that caught my attention was: "I'm finding it's not easy to be perfect"

There are still days where I have to remind myself that it is OK to not be a perfectionist. It's good to relax and enjoy time with my kids or just finish a job and know it's done!

I have some other thoughts rumbling around up in my head, but for now, I think we all could use a little anti-mirror...and I have some jobs to finish. I couldn't decide which version I liked better. They are both good, so I put them both here for your viewing pleasure.

As Stuart Smalley used to say on Saturday Night Live, I will not should all over myself....and that's OK...... ;)



No comments: