Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Vote....

Proverbs 16 : 32-33 (The Message)
Moderation is better than muscle, self-control better than political power. Make your motions and cast your votes, but God has the final say
.

Tuesday, January 15 is the primary for Michigan. I don't even pretend to understand how the whole system works. However, I know women fought the battle for many years for the right to vote. There are countries where women are probably STILL not allowed to vote. I also know that our choice of a President is an important decision that will influence our world as we tread through dark times.

When you read to the end of Revelation (I LOVE the name of that book), you come to realize that the world will become much darker before it gets better. Thankfully, if you believe in Jesus and accept Him as your one and only Savior, we win!

I have truly struggled with knowing that the world is heading in the wrong direction. I struggle with thinking that what one person does will actually make a difference at this point....almost to the point of I don't do anything. However, that is just where the devil wants Christians. Feeling weak and helpless and that nothing I do will make a change for the better.

Jesus was one person. The effect He had on the world still ripples through history. He made a difference where He was.

Today, find one thing that you can do to make the world a brighter place. No one may notice, but that's not the point. It will make a difference in YOU!

No comments: