Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Questioning......

Luke 2 : 45-47 (New International Version)
45When they did not find him, they went back to Jerusalem to look for him. 46After three days they found him in the temple courts, sitting among the teachers, listening to them and asking them questions. 47Everyone who heard him was amazed at his understanding and his answers.


When Jesus was a boy, he stayed in the temple when his parents moved on. It took them 3 days to find him. He was asking questions and answering questions with an understanding that was well beyond his physical years. They were amazed.

Do you ever question why something happens? Why it happened now? Why? Why?, etc. and many times it does not seem like we get a good answer. Is it OK to feel unsure and want an answer even if it means questioning God?

I wrote this awhile ago when I was in one of those moods. It seems a little intimidating to question God. Maybe we need to remember from our school days...there's no such thing as a dumb question. For some reason, I felt like I was supposed to post this now. If it's for you, know that God is OK with the questions and you may not get the answer you want right now, but He'll listen and answer in a way you might not expect. Sometimes we look....but we don't see.

Why do I question?
Why do I doubt?
Why do I feel I need
to figure it all out?

You said I could question
You said I could ask
You said that you are up for the task

I don’t have to do it all on my own.
You made a promise
I’m never alone.

Help me not let my feelings rule
Know that you’re loving
Not far away or cruel

Search for answers inside the Book
You’re always around
I need to see when I look

kjjalsweet
10-19-07

Thinking of you and hugs too!

PS I can't even count the number of times that surrender came up today! On talk radio, in songs, in conversations with other people. Must be the word for 2008!

No comments: