Sunday, July 10, 2011

CAUTION - Boundaries

Summer's here....and it's time for.....asphalt!  Not mine although it would be nice. Neighbor's driveways, parking lots, roads.  Now is the time to put it down and mark it off.  Yellow "caution" tape appears around the newly paved area(s) warning those who approach to not drive or walk on the area. 

The caution tape clearly marks the boundaries that should not be crossed....at least for awhile. Oh, if life could only be that easy. That people could see from quite a distance away when it might not be the best idea to approach or cross over into the blocked off area we might not be ready to deal with.

There are days I have surrounded myself with invisible (to everyone else) CAUTION tape.  Days I don't want to deal with anybody's "stuff".  Days I can't even deal with my own "stuff" and just want to keep myself wrapped up and keep myself in....and everybody else out.  Sometimes I need to remind myself that the boundaries are there for my protection as well as someone on the other side of the tape. Sometimes just a reminder that I need to slow down before I go out or let something in.

There are days I'm sure my family has their caution tape up....and I barge on in anyway.

At crime scenes, there is often "police line - do not cross" tape. Usually this is to keep the evidence uncontaminated and keep the clues in.

Whether we are in the taped area or outside of it, there is a time for caution and boundaries that need to be marked off and made clear.  Both for our safety and those we care about.

http://www.cloudtownsend.com/ (Info on Boundaries books)

So ever since we fist heard about you we have kept on praying and asking God to help you understand what He wants you to do; asking Him to make you wise about spiritual things; and asking that the way you live will always please the Lord and honor Him, so that you will always be doing good, kind things for others, while all the time you are learning to know God better and better, We are praying, too, that you will be filled with His mighty, glorious strength so that you can keep going no matter what happens -- always full of the joy of the Lord, and always thankful to the Father who has made us fit to share all the wonderful things that belong to those who live in the Kingdom of light. Colossians 1: 9-12TLB

No comments: