Thursday, July 28, 2011

The "eyes" have it

Me-Crossed eyes...and all



While spending some time with my son tonight, we watched some items on "StumbleUpon"....an oh so dangerous site that I have stayed off of because I know I would lose myself in watching too many videos. One of the videos that came up was about a bionic eye. It took 3 PHDs 6 months to complete the plans. It has taken numerous years to build. As I watched it, all I could think was I was born with 2 somewhat damaged (crossed), but after some surgery, functioning eyes. Born with.....Created with. 

I don't want to get all preachy, but I remain amazed that there are people who refuse to believe or see proof of a creator. We don't have one functioning highway system without a roomful of planners and blueprints. The system is not built without many construction workers.

This is "just" an eye. One eye. Our whole body is an amazing system of veins and arteries, our own internal highway system that circulates blood. Our necks hold up the equivalent of a bowling ball on a few bones, muscles and joints that allow us to turn the head that contains a brain. A brain that has functioned as communication central and a computer before the technology for computers was invented. 

I mentioned the video to my husband and we googled "bionic eye". I didn't find the video, but I found this article and I like the way it is written.  Bionic eye -Scientific American I especially like the beginning about Charles Darwin and that he considered the eye one of the biggest challenges to his evolution theory. The article has a great quote and a link to some video of one of the surgery recipients. An eye is even more complex than I had even considered.

I guess that's why I'm writing this. I would like you to consider the wonder of your body and the design. There are parts that we have tried to duplicate and re-create. How do you re-create something if it wasn't created in the first place? Just another one of those things that makes me go hmmmmm.

Deuteronomy 4:32 (NIV) Ask now about the former days, long before your time, from the day God created human beings on the earth; ask from one end of the heavens to the other. Has anything so great as this ever happened, or has anything like it ever been heard of?

Psalm 139:13-14 (NIV) For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother’s womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.

No comments: