Friday, July 15, 2011

Excuse Me? Excuses, bleh.

I wrote the following the beginning of May. I am beginning (takes me awhile, I'm slow that way) to piece together why.

EXCUSES (5/1/11 KL)
Excuses -- I make them, I take them

I have let excuses keep me from getting to where I need to be.

I have let excuses keep me from doing things I need to have done.

Excuses help me procrastinate.

Excuse me, but NO MORE excuses!


I have lots of cool ideas. I'm sure a lot of us do. I have not acted on many of them. Some of the ideas I have acted on, I have done halfheartedly and did not finish....yet. Through psycho babble and current catch phrases I have deemed myself co-dependent. I find it easier (for lack of a better word) to deal with other people's issues than my own. If I focus on THEM, I don't have to deal with what I'm doing....or not doing. I have made their problems/issues more important than things I know I am supposed to be doing. I have made their "stuff" an excuse to not deal with my own.

SO....now that I've become so self aware (HA!) what does this mean from here? Honestly, I don't know. I guess the first step of recognizing the problem is always the hardest part. Can I fix it? (Bob the Builder says we can)  Some days I'm not so sure. I put it here to remind myself and whoever else that might need to hear it to start moving focus back up to God for help. I don't have to do it on my own. I don't have to make excuses for what I don't like about me. I can move on and up.....one step at a time. So can you. It's not only about the destination. We need to enjoy the journey too.

Exodus4:10-13 (NLT) 10 But Moses pleaded with the Lord, “O Lord, I’m not very good with words. I never have been, and I’m not now, even though you have spoken to me. I get tongue-tied, and my words get tangled.” 11 Then the Lord asked Moses, “Who makes a person’s mouth? Who decides whether people speak or do not speak, hear or do not hear, see or do not see? Is it not I, the Lord? 12 Now go! I will be with you as you speak, and I will instruct you in what to say.”
13 But Moses again pleaded, “Lord, please! Send anyone else.”

Romans 3:19-22 (NLT) Obviously, the law applies to those to whom it was given, for its purpose is to keep people from having excuses, and to show that the entire world is guilty before God. 20 For no one can ever be made right with God by doing what the law commands. The law simply shows us how sinful we are.
Christ Took Our Punishment 21 But now God has shown us a way to be made right with him without keeping the requirements of the law, as was promised in the writings of Moses and the prophets long ago. 22 We are made right with God by placing our faith in Jesus Christ. And this is true for everyone who believes, no matter who we are.

No comments: