Saturday, December 15, 2007

BLAH, but wait.....

I've been reading some other sites....and trying to change my attitude. It has been a blah week, there is no other way to describe it. You know how it is when you can read or hear about someone/something else and think "well, it could always be worse"? Now, my heart knows this is true, but my emotions go, "yeah, well, it sure FEELS bad right now!" It seems like life lately has just been one thing on the next and the load is getting a little heavy. And I'm thinking to myself, do you really want to write anything right now when you are in such a funky mood? However, I'll do better writing as it's stuff I'd probably never say (if I'm completely honest with myself). So, why not just put it in my journal? Why post it here? I'm guessing I'm not the only way who is feeling/has felt this way. So, share the load, divide the troubles......multiply the blessings, add some care, subtract the worry (enough math terms?)

Then I get to the blog and look at the verse of the day. I knew I put it at the top for a reason.

“But the angel said to her, "Do not be afraid, Mary, you have found favor with God. You will be with child and give birth to a son, and you are to give him the name Jesus. He will be great and will be called the Son of the Most High. The Lord God will give him the throne of his father David, and he will reign over the house of Jacob forever; his kingdom will never end.” (Luke 1:30-33) (NIV)

All of this is still true today, for me...and for you. Granted, we're not going to be the mother (or father) of Jesus. But He came here for US!

"Do not be afraid, _____(state your name), you have found favor with God. Give him the name Jesus. He will be great. He will reign forever. His kingdom will never end."

I don't have to be afraid. God still favors me. I can call on the name of Jesus. He IS great. He reigns forever...including today. His kingdom will never end because he's coming back for us....to a better place and time!

Thank God! Hugs to all....and to all a good night......

No comments: