Monday, December 31, 2007

Tradin' in my S....

Tonight, I had to realize that once again I have been trying to be Superwoman. I need to be in control, know what's going on, FIX IT! I don't literally have that S on my shirt like Superman. However, some time alone in the phone booth where he'd go to change doesn't sound like a bad idea! In my head and the decisions I've been making, I've been running my life like I can handle it all. I turn my life over to God, but when He doesn't work on my timetable, I take the problem back and try to fix it on my own.

I don't put much stock in New Year's resolutions. In the past, mine have only lasted a day or 2 anyway. So I'm not calling this a resolution. More like a solution to my problem. I'm trading my Superwoman S that signifies ME running everything. My new S is for surrender. Daily, minute by minute if necessary. I'm going to let God have my S and be my Superman for 2008.

Romans 8:5-8 (The Message)
Those who think they can do it on their own end up obsessed with measuring their own moral muscle but never get around to exercising it in real life. Those who trust God's action in them find that God's Spirit is in them—living and breathing God! Obsession with self in these matters is a dead end; attention to God leads us out into the open, into a spacious, free life. Focusing on the self is the opposite of focusing on God. Anyone completely absorbed in self ignores God, ends up thinking more about self than God. That person ignores who God is and what he is doing. And God isn't pleased at being ignored.

No comments: