Thursday, December 20, 2007

Snack? ...... OR Feast?

As I made my way to finish off the last of the Breyers Fried Ice Cream (remember ChiChi's?) this evening...much later than I should be eating, I was thinking, "IF I gotta eat, it should be something healthier than ice cream." Yeah, right. You know I ate the ice cream. There really wasn't THAT much left...... ;o)

I started thinking about how many times I let a snack be enough. I rarely enjoy cooking so the feast option usually doesn't come up a whole lot. BUT I've been invited to feasts. Potlucks are my favorite. I can usually bring dessert! A lot of times, I enjoy the company even more than the food.

Matthew 22:1 - 3 (NIV)
The Parable of the Wedding Banquet
1Jesus spoke to them again in parables, saying: 2"The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.


When it comes to time spent with God, I don't want to let a snack be enough. He's invited me to a feast! All I need to do is show up.

Wanna join me? You're invited too.

No comments: